Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday Morning Softball

Well, it appears that I will be hooked up with Sunday morning softball for a while as one of the most organized (and winningest) coaches finally has me in his stable (he's wooed me for years and finally gave up). We are creating a new E Division team and his C and D Division teams will all practice together with the new E Division team every week. It is a great idea as the lower Division layers can learn side by side from upper Division players and the organized consistent practices work best for getting a team to be a team. This morning went well and while I wanted more exercise than I got, especially more hitting than I got, today was try outs for all three teams and I look forward to more structured practices. Five E level players signed up so we are halfway to fielding a team and more than a third of the way to having a roster that has the right amount of players (good to have 14-15 players so when people miss a week there's still 10, and when not everyone can travel to tournament there's still at least 8, 6 at minimum). We'll need more players, a name, and jerseys, and yay!

Cleaning the house moved into second gear today. TA won't be back until Friday or Saturday and in spite of another over-filled work week, my goal is to clean everywhere before he gets back Dishwasher and Clothes Washer are running. A few loads done, a few more to go. I swept and vacuumed and picked stuff up off floor and assorted sundries. Bought a new combo lamp and wireless charger and it's perfect as it there's a slider to control luminosity and it sits neatly on a table out of reflection view of the TV (the old lamp was reflected in the TV) and close enough to reach easily and light the keyboard. LED, saves power, and $25. Impulse buy as I was at the store for detergent and dishwasher soap. $99 later, stuff. Also picked up wireless Bluetooth earbuds for $15. Cheap, but functional. Did not find the right way to play CDs though, so sorting through those still waits, as does loading them on the hard drive. Baby steps toward better organization of stuff, space, and entertainment.

Napped a couple of hours this afternoon after stopping for KFC for lunch. Impulse, again. I bought a lot so I have at least three more KFC meals so four or five full KFC meals for $32 is not bad. Food is all set for the week and beyond with the KFC, lasagna, meatloaf, shrimps, and scallops. The cat loves the fact that I eat a lot of shellfish because I share lol.

So how was your Sunday?

Hope it was fun.

Narf :)

No comments: