Friday, October 13, 2017

Yesterday

Yesterday I forgot my work ID at the office and did not get back to work in time to get back in the building before it auto-locked for the night so I did not have my computers for the first time in years and living where I live now, that left me without any stimuli, distraction, communication, or release other than the phone and I do not have people to talk to much these days so at first I was down and lonely and then I found myself motivated to do laundry and re-arrange and clean my room and then, as I laid down to sleep, I found myself tying emails to myself and others on my tiny iPhone 5 keypad. It was challenging, physically, to see the words and touch the right keys, especially as sleep came and went. Still, I found myself writing long into the night between naps like I did when I was a much younger babbler. All in all, I love the emotional aftermath (or is it residue?) before I even read any of what I wrote.

Today was a mostly paperwork day at work. After work, I drove to take some photos of debris piles (more work, but on my time in my car) and then met Tinman and his daughter for dinner at the old Chinese buffet which is at a low ebb in quality these days, but it is what it is and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or something like that. Eb is gone for a week, somewhat suddenly as he told me he was leaving next week. So I watch the Star Trek shows that are on every night and type these words. Alone. I'd rather be sharing, yet... I am as much as I can at the moment.

I am feeling it's a wonderful life, even alone.

Narf :)

No comments: