Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Loss of Respect

The government has lost so much respect in recent years, it might as well be Rodney Dangerfield. In fact, Rodney Dangerfield got more respect. Watching the TV show FBI, the Special Agent In Charge just got off the phone with the FBI Director and there was awed reverence on the screen, but in my mind, I laughed as our oligarchy president wants us to have no respect for the FBI and between him and his cronies, there's minimal respect for law, government, or political office these days. Not to mention the statistics the government spews to claim we are doing so well. If you or I was in as much debt as the government, we'd be in jail or be declaring bankruptcy. That is our president's MO in business, no coincidence. Just ignorance.

Meanwhile, in the serfdom, life goes on. I've changed my daily schedule on the advise of the boss and I'm getting less done, but efficiency is not required in government, after all. I am still working in what I need to do and, in fact, actually taking a lunch break for the first time. Maybe he is looking out for me in his way. Stopping home for a drink, the bathroom, and/or lunch is easier if I am out of the office a few hours every day. I'll just have to reduce my desk work.

Home life is about the same. I still don't use the kitchen much as I have not been in a cooking (or cleaning) mode much in the past few years. The laundry still waits for TA to finish his laundry as his clothes still pile on the floor and dryer and in the dryer. I'm not sure which are clean and which are dirty. I'll just have to move all his stuff out this weekend if it's still there because I told him early last week a couple of times that I need to do laundry. Hopefully the kids aren't here this weekend cuz he usually has to wash their clothes. If I skip this weekend I'll need to buy more underwear. Ah, living with roommates is a compromise. Except for him living like I don't live here our shared space (kitchen, laundry room), he's really easy to get along with and does respond well when I ask (lie yesterday when the at box stunk up the whole house and he was nose blind cuz he was home four or five days in a row). We laughed about his nose-blindness as he carried the whole litter box outside cuz it smelled to bad to be cleaning it inside. All in all, I still like living here and he's likable too.

TV, game, maybe a little food. Trying not to eat a lot though. Must cut calories and drop weight. Elliptical!

Narf :)

No comments: