Tuesday, March 22, 2016

almost won

Softball, that is. After winning the last two games of the season, we somehow ended up in thirda place so we played the second place team and lost by one run in the bottom of the last inning. Errors and a lack of hitting when it was needed it gave us an 8-7 loss. I struck out swining with the go-ahead run on third in the top of the seventh to end the inning. I might strike out swinging once a year, if that often. Just lost focus. Grumble. More grumbles.

After the game I hung out with husbands and other friends watching two women's league games because I know most of the players from Sundays or Monday nights and play or played with more than a dozen of them on different teams in the past and currently on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sunday. That was fun. It was also not warm as the temperatures dropped into the low 50s and I had just a light windbreaker to throw over my softball jersey.

Home to dinner, hot pasta and the rest of the eggplant and all warm and toasty again even without heat. So even with all the imperfections, losses, and challenges, life is good :)

No comments: