Friday, March 11, 2016

The Day

Today Curly woke me somewhere around 9am (I think I finally went to bed somewhere around 5am last night) and I stumbled out to help him move fences and fence posts. An hour of heavy lifting to load was followed by a drive to his place where we cooked up some Nathan's hot dogs and some polska kielbasa in his big green egg (grill) while we unloaded the trailer and then we ate good. Too much, as too often has been the case of late, still yummy just the same. Time passed unnoticed as I avoided thinking.

On the way home I stopped to turn in the Brighthouse equipment and then stopped to pick up the last box at the old place and locked up and turned in the keys. Sigh. That chapter of this life is officially over. Quietly. Alone again, too naturally.

I laid down in bed when I got home somewhere around 6pm and woke about 10pm and here we are a few hours later after giving another new blog life and marking the day and date the second period of living with Jackson officially ended in e-the-real.

If I am wise, sleep shall come again soon (there's always hope).

No comments: