Sunday, September 18, 2016

Team Fail

Sunday softball was a serious fail today. We lost two games to two teams we would have beaten easily last season. We lost some players but worse, everyone played very poorly. I decided it was time to test the team as I usually do early in the season when the opportunity comes up and defense failed miserably and hitting sucked. I hit well, burned an outfielder and made just one out in two games, but not enough. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the coach and the team like it was last year (last year we started 1-2 and finished 14-2). This year we start 1-2 again. Next week should be an easy win unless the same effort shows up.

It did not help that I got news that a dear friend died and I was already having a stressed weekend as I was letting the lack of income and loneliness and health issues get to me. Tomorrow, start again.

No comments: