Thursday, October 31, 2019

Silently Awake

Kids in the house, so I went to bed early. Works out for me, since I was three consecutive nights behind on sleep, at least. By that I mean less than 4 hours sleep, though in recent years, less than 5 hours sleep, and even more recently, less than 6 hours sleep is falling behind. The body does do best with 8ish hours sleep, and all the years of our hour of sleep (and skipped nights) are starting to be more challenging to maintain. Age, gravity, diet, exercise, a lot of different factors. Blah, blah, blah, aye? Waking up for the bathroom breaks up the sleep into four hours segments, sometimes less, but 4 hours remains my sleep cycle, even as two back to back is optimal rest these days. So I am awake, but silent. No TV or music or, unless I get the headphones, cuz kids in the house. I'd live differently, healthier, more organized and tidier and cleaner and active, and more in tune with my inner rhythms, if I lived with a partner or alone. Mostly because I'd be cleaning, doing laundry, and/or exercising right now with music or TV stimulating activity. Instead, I sit, quietly still, cuz kids are in the house. I do love my repetitive phrases, don't I lol. This living situation is as good as any I've had since Jackson, so no complaints, just sitting here, you know, silently awake.

So how is your morning going so far?

Narf :)

No comments: