Sunday, September 29, 2019

Softball Follies

This season is going to be ridiculous. There are Divisions based on skill levels for a reason. Better players playing new players who do not have the skills or knowledge make a farce out of the game. Today was a case in point. I joined a team dedicated to teaching new players how to play softball last year when they created a new E Division. We had two teams in the E Division and had a lot of fun last season. This season, they created did away with the E Division and created an upper and lower D Division. The trouble is, the lower D Division teams know the game and play much better than any of our players, so the games are a farce. We scored our first runs of the season today. I doubt we will will a game, but worse, there's no opportunity to learn because the games are blowouts well above the skill level of our players. The coach did take y advise and have a practice after the game. They even let me teach players. They called the practice early because one person wanted to stop, but three brand new players got to learn some skills and I didn't get push back today from the impatient player on our team, which is improvement.

I need to get ore exercise though, teaching doesn't let me push myself to my limits.

Compromise...

Narf :)

No comments: