Wednesday, January 29, 2020

More Push

9 hours on my feet, four more hours at my desk, and then, another mile on the elliptical. Tonight was tthe toughest night yet on the elliptical, pushing the time to almost 19 minutes where the previous three days were 16 minutes, just under 17 minutes, and just under 16 minutes. I stopped for some lunch, home, shrimp salad and some macaroni salad. The body needs more rest and is hungry. Yet here we are, almost 10 PM (do you know where your children are?), and I finally have time for dinner. The TV rambles on about impeachment. I wonder if there was ever a trial without a single witness called. I makes no sense to have a trial where the jury refuses to look at evidence. Ignore the indictment, just move on.


Whatever the outcome, whatever is true in this case, whatever the defendant/accused did or did not do, innocent people want witnesses at their trial support their innocence. Innocent people do not tell the witnesses not to testify. Innocent people do not tell judges or jury that they can not have witnesses at a trial. Legitimate and fair judges and juries want evidence, witnesses, truth. Has there ever been an actual trial in this county without witnesses? I think there will be witnesses. Then what? All I see is a political party war that is destroying this country. I don't see a quest for truth, justice, or what is supposed to be the American way.

All I can do is hope this country stops travelling the path of the Roman Empire. In case you don't know how that turned out, well, not well.

Meanwhile, it's time for some food. That, I can smile about.

Narf :)

No comments: