Wednesday, February 5, 2020

As The World Distracts

Dang if I don't surprise myself sometimes. I detest lies. That is why I detest politics. Power corrupts. Money corrupts. Few can resist, few can turn away from pot of gold. Few can buck the system. The system of lobbyist money. The system of campaign money, which is the only way to success in politics. The ones who take the most money have the best chance of winning. Advertising dollars are almost everything in politics. So rare is the personality and character that can maintain honesty and integrity on the way op.

Honesty is my highest ideal. I live it. That is a big reason I don't have much money (but boy if I did... know the song? lol). Of course giving most of what I earn away doesn't help, but success requires playing games, or ignoring games, that I will not play or ignore. Call me foolish if you wish. Some people who've known me well have told me I have no common sense. I smile and let them go on there way. I don't mind being a loser in their eyes, because fom my perspective, they've lost a lot more than I have in this life.

Anyway, this is what looking at the world of politics (and other organized manipulative organizations and systems) does. I rant a bit. I preach or shout from a soapbox, lost in some sort of truth-seeking righteousness. I'm not sure I like that part of myself, but I always try my best to see things from all sides. It feels better when it feels like I succeed.

It was a distraction from the lack of sleep, long day, and running nose :)

Narf :)

No comments: