Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Maybe Ok

Am I so cynical that I don't believe there are ethical corporations out there? The jury is out. I received a message on the phone today asking me to set up an appointment for service. I don't want service, I want a new elliptical that won't break down in the first few times I get on it. Then, finally home to check email, I find the company, the manufacturer, TRUE, called the store and told the store to replace the elliptical and they would deal with the returned machine. It would have been nice if the store message said that, but it may be that the company told the store to do that after the store called to set up a service call. I will be skeptical until I see the new machine here, and have no question that it is a new machine. Also, the 1/2 inch mat will tell me the store is trustworthy too. Time to turn off the pissed and turn on the patience.

Meanwhile, softball was sad but fun, mostly. 22-4 as I had no defense and if I didn't strike out batters we were not getting outs. I believe I struck out six of the nine outs. I caught one pop-up. I went two for two and batted in three of the four runs. They batted me ninth for some reason, so I was lucky I got up twice. Only four girls showed up, so there was an automatic out right after I hit. All but a few of the people who show up just can't field or throw, and half can't hit or run. Most balls to the outfield are home runs. Most balls to the infield reach the outfield. The few that are stopped are thrown wildly to first. A couple of players cant throw to the pitchers mound consistently. So we are at the mercy of the other team and only played four innings because they stopped playing hard after the first inning. A good group of people though, so I'm supporting the work team.

Eating light today and walking a lot, work was working with the Fire Marshall's office to inspect one of the courthouse buildings. Tomorrow I'll be too busy to join the inspection as some other project work takes precedence. One of these days I'll take a little time off. This weekend is a softball tournament in Tampa, I'll be driving the early Saturday morning. Life is fun, busy, and days like these I don't even have time to feel alone. Just living in the moment enjoying what I do.

Anybody wanna share in the fun? :)

Narf :)

No comments: