Friday, October 25, 2019

Ok, So This Is New

The nine year old rules the roost when she's here, but now she's sleeping in the day room, which is an open plan kitchen/dayroom, which means I just went in there hungry and turned on the light and found her and either will wake her cooking or cook in the dark (meaning open a can and microwave junk) or go hungry. I wasn't expecting to go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night, but the house is dark and silent. Frustration is telling me to go out and get food, but all that's open is fattening or junk or expensive salads and I don't want salad, I want protein. Deep breath, deal with the new challenge. What to eat?

So the fool I am went out and spent money and ate decadence. Palmetto cheese spread, egg salad, tomato sandwich, and ten big butterfly shrimp and two shrimp rolls, and mayo and duck sauce, and sweet potato chips, and then... dessert. Decadent chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mousse, crunchy cheetos, chocolate milk. I could have fallen asleep and lose a pound, but instead I'll gain a few. The frustration is smothered by the yummies. Living alone, with the distractions I choose and the freedom to choose them when I want them, will power is so much stronger. I know I restrict myself here out of consideration, but that's me. Giving is the gift I give myself. And food. Decadent food.

Do how is your weekend starting off?

Narf :)

No comments: