Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Softball Sadness

I woke up tired after giving a lot of energy and receiving little back last night, but I showered and headed out to the fields for the 10am game only to find out the other team forfeited earlier in the week and Coach didn't bother letting me know. Disrespect. Inconsideration. They probably posted the information on Facebook. Thing is, a couple of players do not even have a Facebook, but they somehow knew not to show up for the first game. Then, the game. The usual disrespect from the two children and again, Coach did nothing. Finally one said don't be stupid after I called out to Coach about something and I said let's not call each other stupid and the other child told me to stop trying to coach and let Coach coach the team.

I pulled coach aside between innings and told Coach I'll be moving to another team next season and asked him to put in another pitcher so they can get started getting used to not having me as their pitcher. At least three other teams have been literally begging me to join them for a few years, so it is time to move on. The disrespect is enough to make playing with what used to be my team no fun anymore.

Sad. I did well, shutting down the other team, striking out several. I went three for three, triple, two singles, and I also walked. I scored all three times. We won. But winning isn't everything. Still sad.


No comments: