Thursday, July 20, 2017

Told You

So? I mean, So? Yeah, that's right... feeling peckish. I think. What does peckish mean, anyway? Anyway, I told you so, told ya told ya told ya. Maybe I mean immature. Lovingly taunting? Unconditionally trusting you get it or care enough to ask before taking offense or misunderstanding? In any case, the world is a fruitcake and some of us are the fruit and some of us are the nuts and some of us are the cake, but why do we have to make it so hard?

Anyway, as if it matters in case it matters, I am still here ever the optimistic fool as pessimistic as ever cheating death and sailing off into the sunset all by myself even though I don't wanna be sometimes, I think. Can you see the mist, ic? See, pti, get it? Wait, I'm not done. Can you see the mystic? Of course, I am an optimystic fool. You had to be there.

Another day, same juggle. Updating all the databases so the monitoring of safety can return to concrete forms in the county. Expanding communications bit by bit. Visiting a tree to see the damage and insure the crews clean it up safely. Celebrating a co-worker going on maternity leave, mourning with a co-worker who lost a family member, cheering a co-worker training a temp and welcoming the temp, learning how to deal with my boss a little better every day, visiting a citizen to satisfy a complaint/request, meeting a deputy sheriff to build the bridge between citizen and law enforcement. Twelve hour day, no problem.

Just in case you stop by to spend ten years catching up.

Narf :)

No comments: