Monday, October 30, 2017

Another Good Day (and Night)

Well, it's sort of night. Almost midnight, almost after even, according to the common words. Naturally, unnaturally, and with assistance I am awake and wired and even a bit giddy. If only you were here to enjoy the show. A full day of desk work, almost. Fifteen minutes of orientation, skipped lunch (and dinner, actually), sent a lot of emails, did research, sent more emails, got tech support to install a few things and give me access to a few other things, and assessed all the injury reports related to the Hurricane. Tomorrow I'll analyze. Naturally.

Then, softball. First, Eb complained that the water bill tripled. I didn't mention my rent money pays for it and everything else and there's more left over for him. So maybe my four sitz showers a day have used more water than I thought. I'm listening to Gilbert Godfried's Dirty Words, what do you expect. Anyway, softball. Hit the ball hard for a change with a borrowed bat. I need a lighter bat, finally. I pitched lights out. Struck out several. We won big. Then I hung out watching friends play. Chilled, and chilled (Temperature somewhere in the 50s and I was damp and only had a light jacket, so chilled chilled... get it now?). Then, back here to eat. Finally. Leftover KFC from yesterday. Hot from the over. Yum. Even more yum, chocolate. And we now see why I am awake and wired and a bit giddy. Amazing, huh?

Happy Halloween Eve.

Narf :)

No comments: