Monday, October 9, 2017

PTCF

That's Power Tripping Control Freak, in case you wondered. It seems my candor is pissing off more people than usual these days. One of the worst umpires in all the leagues I play in called time and threatened my team with a team out if I said one more word to piss him off. I told him if he could show me a rule that pertained to him being pissed off as grounds to penalize a team, then go right ahead and do it or let us get on having fun playing the game. He was pissed off because I was asking him to stop delaying the game with between inning conversations (including being on his cell phone) and for distracting players (which can be dangerous for inexperienced players) by talking to them while they were trying to concentrate on the game on the field.

We did not get penalized and after everyone laughed at him, we went on enjoying our game and he stayed quite except for making bad calls as if he was deliberately trying to provide my players. I simply told my players don't let his bad calls stop you from having fun and they listened to me and ignored him. A little man with a big ego who oversteps his authority has no power in a fun group.

We had fun in spite of him.

Narf. :)

No comments: