Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Back To Work

Two three day weekends in a row. Lots of parties. Fun fun fun. Still, not enough time off and way too much food. Surprisingly, there's still no one here to hug when I get home from work. No one to share a meal or some conversation or whatever. Definitely no one I can relate to or who can relate to me. There's Eb, strange fellow who is simultaneously a video war game junkie and a wanna-be politician who is running for local office. I'm into neither. It is 60 degrees inside because he saves money on heat. I am tired and cold.

Work was the same. I went out to a meeting mid-day to discuss the emergency plan for the county. At 1:00 PM we activated the EOC and the libraries will be day time places people can come for warmth and a non-profit agency will provide shelter 5:30 PM to 7:00 AM along with a light dinner and cold breakfast. Yeah, cold breakfast. If the shelter becomes full, another one will open a another place with volunteers from a big church. he health department will provide emergency meds. Some other contingency plans are in place as well.

People around here are not used to freezing temperatures. Many do not have the clothing, especially the homeless, so government has to provide. I am nodding off. To sleep, cold, tired, lonely, to dream of warmth and companionship.

Narf :)

No comments: