Friday, January 5, 2018

Head Cold Ho

So what I got for Christmas in my stocking was a raging head cold. It doesn't help that I've been sleeping without a blanket or sheet in a 60 degrees room while it's been 30 or less outside at night and there was no warming up at all for the past week. The martyr syndrome will kill me yet. Like I am waiting for someone to prove they care and won't care until someone does? Been there, did that, not the first time. Anyway, it's reached a point where coughing is tough to stop because the nose won't stop running in either direction.

Work was more work. Desk stuff, but spent three ours outside solving a mystery. Well, not really, but I investigated a claim by a citizen that a pothole caused two flats and bent his rims. He had to have been speeding because the depression in the road as just about an inch, maybe an inch and a half. I watched dozens of cars rolling over it without any damage to their tires. The veracity of the citizen became moot when I discovered the hole was the result of a contractor not filling the cut they made in the road when they laid new water lines. It's the contractor who will decide what to do (pay the guy or go to court). He'll probably pay.

Back here for dinner, canned pasta and chicken, then TV.

In case it matters.

Narf :)

No comments: