Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Softball Happened Too

Yes, pitching almost lights out and knocking in the winning run with a walk off hit is an excellent feeling so the feeling is very excellent tonight. Meanwhile, in real time, TA just went out to get his eight year old McDonalds because she was hungry and she gets whatever she wants whenever she wants. Hotcakes and a hot fudge Sunday at 2AM, cool dad, aye? Back to Monday night, the game was much fun. One bad pitch for a two run home run (but that let me get to bat again, so I may have done it on purpose), otherwise they couldn't hit me at all. Strange to say that as softball pitcher, but it does happen now and then. It's a combination of great control and getting into batter's heads because batting is so much about confidence. Hitting, I was 3 for 4 with a few RBIs and as I mentioned, the winning RBI. Celebrating personal success is good for the ego and self-esteem, but it was also a good feeling for the team as we hang on to a tie for second place, one game back of first (first place team beat us by one run), and we play the second place team next week. I miss playing more, but my Monday night men's team is competitive and tests my limits. I don't expect much of my other leagues as I moved out of the competitive level play to get away from the drama.

So one of these days maybe you'll tell me what's going on in your life?

Narf :)

No comments: