Sunday, October 2, 2016

Night Shift

Lately I've been falling asleep after sunrise and waking in the late afternoon. I am most comfortable writing and being awake in the dark quiet of the night, always have been. The energy is healthier when most of the nearby world is asleep. So today was the same. After waking I watched some more George Carlin, then showered and headed out to a party for Alice at Harpo's. I saw some old friends and a few new friends who didn't even know Alice and it turned out to not be a party for her at all. She wasn't even mentioned until the last four people were playing cards well after midnight. Alas, people.

I ate way more calories than usual, though it could have been much worse. A dozen large cheese ravioli's with a little tomato sauce, not cheese toppings. Some of a peas, onions, chicken casserole. About two dozen mushrooms. A large piece of chocolate cake, first cake I've had in at least a month. Just water to drink. Home now, I am not sleepy but have a long day of softball staring in four hours.

So what's new? :)

No comments: