Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Reaching Out

When the people you depend on pull the rug out from under you when you need them most and simply try to disappear from your life, do you do the same? That might be when they need you most to remind them that they do not want to be so... choose the word - weak, insensitive, unfaithful, disloyal, selfish, cruel... whatever the word, the shoe does fit no matter how well-prepared the denial. My way is not to abandon friends, even when they abandon me, so I continue reaching out even when people avoid me - until they tell me to stop. No matter how much it hurts, it hurts a whole lot more to give up on them.

The good news is I am also looking for other ways of reaching out to strangers in the hope of finding new friends.

That's life. The brief version. You know where to find the details.

Narf.

No comments: