Saturday, January 14, 2017

Softball

I have not felt this excited to return to softball in a long time. Without a partner, without training, without being anywhere near peak condition, without eating light and feeling my best, without being anywhere near optimal weight (bloated, nose running, blah), without taking a steamy shower to clear my head and wake up (The Maharaja has his clothes hanging on the shower rod), without knowing which players will be showing up today, without any practice at all since last season, the only positive news or action other than we will hopefully have 10 players who can play (and not have to play too many of the subs who really don't play well) is that I slept and still, the excitement continues to build. Maybe it is because I feel refreshed and woke early enough to listen to some music (Harry Chapin, Bill Evens, Days of the New), as I explored iheart radio (new music and music access excites me). Maybe I just miss softball this much (which is wonderful and precarious). Maybe I am feeling good about yesterday's job interview and more hopeful than ever (which is precarious and dangerous). Maybe I am thinking too much (lol lam naaaaaa, just right).

It is time to dress and head to the fields.

Babble more later.

Narf :)

No comments: