Sunday, December 2, 2018

Challenges Continue

For the past ten years, maybe for the past 23 years since leaving my comfortable house and moving to Toronto, just when I am reaching a point of comfort (or in more recent years, reaching for a place of comfort because I sure haven't been comfortable much in the past few years living like a refugee), someone depending on me for financial help reaches out and I tap into my reserves to help, leaving myself without the resources to move on into a more comfortable living situation.

When I finally do say no, I lose family. I know they are not really family, but without biological family, those I choose as family are the only family I've got. For better or worse, I always seem to choose people who have less than I have. So just as I finally make my last payment on my car, that money plus more goes elsewhere for the first three months after the car payments end. Then, this month, as I pay rent on two different places and need money to finally move into a decent place, albeit still with compromised personal privacy, another car payment amount is needed.

Repetition can be fun, but...

Narf :}

No comments: