Saturday, August 11, 2018

Laundry & Reorganizing The Room

Also, deleting the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder, just in case this computer explodes during this entry. Six (or was it seven) loads of laundry, full-to-the-max loads, at that. Folding happened too. The new wire frame shelving I put together yesterday inspired me to reorganize the space today and the clothing is much more compantly organized leaving more shelve space for other things and easier visibility of what I have available and clean. Time savings, space savings, perhaps even sanity savings at times. I'm not sure this qualifies as de-cluttering, but it's good to have the stuff clean and organized better.

Meanwhile, the computer is working hard moving 39,835 "items" (I assume they are files) to the external hard drive (just in case they might be of some value to a tech if the computer needs fixing after they are all removed. The internet said it was safe and they are taking up 1.6+ GB of the 2.9 GB free space left on the 32 GB hard drive of which 29.1 is usable for whatever reason. Windows takes up 21+ GB just to function, 3.5 GB are reserved by Windows so multiple programs can run, and then I have about 6 GB of software needed by Windows or the computer to function. About 1 GB of the software is stuff I use that Windows or Lenovo doesn't need like Adobe PDF. I cant even open an Office file on this thing. So I am deleting 1.6 GB of Windows Update files that can't be used because there is not enough room for an update.

Even with all the indoor activity, I cut back on calories again. Less than 500 today. More tomorrow as 3 hours of softball starts the day, but I needed to break the three-day streak of near or above 2000 calories. I texted Jackson, Helen, and Jane after starting laundry and Helen called. We did chores together apart for three hours while chatting. That likely was motivation to dive into the details of the reorganization.

You should have seen it lol :)

Narf :)

No comments: