Friday, November 22, 2019

Don't Let The Laughter Fool You

There used o be more seriousness between the laughs. More people used to care, and even ask for more seriousness. How are you was more than a meaningless greeting. These days, I seldom even hear the meaningless greeting. An occasional "good weekend?" or inquiry about a holiday tagged on to a "good morning" at work, but no real response is expected (or appropriate due to the setting). It has been a very long time since someone actually cared to know what was really going on deep inside of me. Or even on the surface.

This time of year brings me back to this thought. Birthdays on the 15th and 21st, upcoming personal holiday on the 1st, and another birthday on the 16th next month would bring about the memories of a time before life went on, obla de, and more, a time when "how are you?" meant something. This date mattered once. The end of a dream. I used to bring me a lot deeper, but I've learned to skim over myself, I've learned to be human.

I feel more than anyone I've ever met. More awareness, more sensitivity, more fragility, more vulnerability. That has always been my biggest weakness in the human world, and my greatest strength inside. Would you die if your death would mean John Lennon's Imagine was actualized by everyone everywhere?

Honesty.

Narf :)

No comments: