Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Wednesday Working, Stinking, and Sinking

Work, driving, shopping, and the congressional hearings. The morning was early, starting 6:00 am, conducting the federally mandated DOT drug testing, along with a variety of time-sensitive emails related to authorizing drivers. That was followed by desk work, and there is still plenty more desk work, but the car battery was sounding weak last night and this morning, so I went out to drive around all afternoon from one end of the county to the other, up, down, and side to side. As 5:00 pm approached, I stopped for the shopping for breakfast stuff for tomorrow morning and dropped the food and car off a work. Twelve hour day, again.

Arriving home, I'm almost knocked over by the cat's litter box which had the entire front of the house (my side) smelling like a full litter box. I pointed it out to TA and he said his nose was clogged, but then went out shopping for cat litter and his dinner and changed the litter. There's still a strong odor, but I am hoping it's just lingering and not a dirty box. He obviously does not want the litter box in his bedroom or his side of the house, but I accepted it right outside of my bathroom when I moved in on the condition that he cleans it often. I don't have to ask him about it often, but tonight it was profoundly stinking enough to mention it here.

The evening is starting with the congressional hearings. Ridiculous, I know, but I listened a bit. I come away with the reaffirmation that I don't trust someone who's primary argument is pointing fingers at their opponent. Even less trust for someone mocking, belittling, or aiming any negativity against their opponent as a distraction from the quest for facts. Humans narrow their minds to fit their preconceived beliefs, but painting a target around where the arrow lands is not as funny when people's lives and what few freedoms we have left are on the line. Sad, but then, an empire falling is often sad, especially for those ho see it from within.

Hug, and if you understand, another longer hug. Stay safe and hope for the best.

Hey, I ate a little less. So far.

Narf.

No comments: