Saturday, April 30, 2016

Something's Burning Somewhere

The title is reference to a Harry Chapin song, in case you didn't know. One thing burning is my candle at both ends. I am living a much busier life now than when I was working and would not be able to do it if I could not sleep late most days. In the morning I told my new Saturday coach that I would meet him at the senior league pick-up game on the other side of town. That means I might get four hours sleep if I am lucky. Actually, if I am lucky it will rain, but I don't know if they will answer the phone at the fields to let me know so I will likely have to wake and drive a half hour even if it rained. After playing sodftball for a few hours I will head home, shower, then meet a friend and head out of town for the evening. Meaning I expect another early long day and another very late night.

Today I woke before noon and Curly was over. We went out for lunch (a $1.50 hot dog that included a drink), he shopped for some stuff, and I returned here. Then I went out for Friday softball and as we were batting in the bottom of the fourth inning ahead 13-8, the sky opened and just like last week, the games were called. I drove straight to Curly's to meet him and Excel and The Commodore and Elton and Mystery (Elton's partner). We started learning a new game the commodore bought and then had pizza when Elton and Mystery arrived. We played cards the rest of the night and here I am, home and sleep typing. Of course before I do, I'll likely fill in at least some of the dirt, drama, and details.

Nite Nite :)

No comments: