Saturday, November 16, 2019

Housework, Marvel, and Mickey Mouse

The day started with laundry and writing (hey, not everything gets in the title, ya know?) That still continues as load after load is taking forever in the worst dryer in the universe (gotta give it a spectacular name to laugh and put up with it, aye?). A few more boxes were unpacked, winter clothes, CDs (though I have no shelving for them, so they remain in an open box for now), some car and kitchen stuff, and again there's no room in the kitchen so it's re-box, but the good news is a whole bag of trash reduced the five or six boxes to two and here's a big box of papers to sort through and mostly trash. The CDs were memory road, mostly smiles as I found a bunch made for me by friends on and offline along the way. Naturally, the CDs stolen by a friend in Toronto hurt again, but that's why the music died, after all.

We'll just leave that there.

Meanwhile, the Marvel Universe, like most super-hero comics torn out of the cartoons, never really interested me much. War movies turn me off and I saw a couple or few with friends over the years, mostly because they wanted to go and we used to go to movies as a group. I don't do movies much. I don't think they are worth the price (and snack prices are just beyond ridiculous), especially when I can have more comfort, snacks, and take a break if I want at home. Anyway, I watched Captain Marvel because I really like Brie Larsen's quirky films and on screen personalities and I enjoyed it. I really enjoy just looking at her too. She is even higher on my list of people I would love to meet now. I'm not sure I want to sit through the whole Marvel movies series, and I'm not sure I want to watch the next on, Endgame, without watching the prior ones, but I do like looking at her, so I will watch Endgame one of these days.

Finally, for now, I found the Mickey Mouse Club. That was a blast from the past, though they only have five episodes from season one and I wish they had later years so I could see if I remembered shows I actually watched in real time. On the other hand, I am surprised at the pandering and hokey show, and after two episodes felt like it was wasting my time. That might have been the start of the dumbing down of America, or maybe it has always been going on.

Luckily I wasn't just sitting and vegging while the TV was on. Lots got done. Even did TA's towels and socks and stuff that been sitting on the laundry room floor, maybe since I moved it. And in spite of the world out there, I am enjoying today a whole lot. Did I mention TA suggested Chinese for dinner and I pigged out like crazy? And chocolate chip cookies and chocolate mousse and chocolate milk too. Sweeping and dishes and more, oh my. Now, on to more laundry and unpacking and sorting and de-cluttering.

Hope your Saturday was fun too.

Narf :)

No comments: