Saturday, January 4, 2020

Five Days In

Or maybe four, but who's counting? The TV is getting louder in the other living room as the little on plays with the remote. She is probably trying to wake her dad as she is sitting in there by herself. She does it a lot and I wonder if she has hearing issues. It is quite distracting when the TV is suddenly shouting. She's watching Scooby Do. The rain woke me, as it pounding on my bedroom windows, but I can barely hear the rain now that I am in my living room, especially when the volume of the TV in the other living room is turned up. So the environs dominate the thoughts as I wake on the Saturday... morning? A few minutes to noon is still morning, right? lol.

Yeah, this is how this year starts, as the kids were here for the Eve (their mom must have wanted to go out and dad is her built in babysitter), I didn't pay attention to the clock and skipped a few parties, happy to have a day off to rest) and all day New Years day, even though it was not a quiet relaxing space with the kids and the dog here too. Work filled the second and third days of this new year, as I was at my desk by 7 and still at my desk at the other 7, still working on the project. TV with headphones gave a sense of me time last night, though TV me time is not the me time I was seeking this morning as I woke to the rain after lots of sleep.

So I turned to the earbuds and my TV and vented the waking frustration (fueled by some transference, I suppose, but that's sort kinda what this entry is about, isn't it? lol) and now, more into my head (and maybe more into my hear as Dire Strait's Romeo & Juliet caught my consciousness for verse or few) and less distracted (yes, this is less distracted than I was when I woke and first sat down here lam), I shall see what the day shall bring. A shower is on the agenda, as is a very light lunch (as dinner with Helen is on the schedule for later and I think we may pick a buffet). And the fourth song on this Youtube-created playlist is This Morning...

How wonderfully ironic lol lam layt lal laa :)

Naf :)

No comments: