Monday, June 20, 2016

50,000 #OrlandoStrong

It was inspiring, it was lonely, it was exciting, it was disappointing, it was hopeful, it was sad. 50,000 people (or more) gathered in the park and listened to politicians speaking about the tragedy and how we must rise above the hate and stand together for equal rights and justice. It was surprisingly inspirational and real for politicians. I walked through the crowd and hugged a lot of friends and strangers, but I was sad that Jackson never came over to say hello or hug me. She was sitting up front and I did not want to push through the big crowd, especially since that was the aisle the politicians were using so there was a lot of security. I was in the back talking with a new friend I met there, at least a potential friend, and helping out people who needed help.

I wandered around downtown after the Vigil.

Then came home alone.

Sigh.

No comments: