Friday, June 3, 2016

Heavy Lunch, Light Conversation

That's my Jackson, but little sister all over. She treated me to lunch at Pickles and we shared an hour of catching up conversation, sort of. I asked lots of questions because that is what big brothers do I guess, or parents. She didn't seem uncomfortable and we texted a lot after lunch so it seems to have gone well. Her stomach still acts up now and then and I didn't push further about going to the doctor for now. It is her life and she is a big girl. I just wanna know cuz I adopted her and she seemed (and still seems) ok with that). We avoided discussing me or money other than my asking how she's managing. She said everything is good and that is wonderful news.

She had the Rueben, I had the Rachel. We both had knishes and shared a pickle barrel and cole slaw. I had an egg cream and once again I reminded myself not to get one next time as they are just not worth it. The owner there is all over the place taking care of customers and checking in with friendly encourage to eat up (mangia!) and the waitress also checked in often, which is more attention than most places give so service was outstanding. Food was great for Florida "New York Delicatessen" though critics are correct that they let the meat dry out a bit more than ideal and thick cutting it makes it more noticeable. The fact that there is very little fat is a huge plus for me, but it does make it more challenging to keep the meat moist. Not too dry to be unenjoyable though.

Then, a bit of more serious text conversation with Curly and a nap. You know where to find more.

Your turn :)

No comments: