Thursday, July 28, 2016

Where Are We Real?

Most people seem to have become so dependent on Facebook for their communications, even texting is secondary, especially for groups. It is sad that I find out about my friends lives by reading about it on Facebook instead of actually sharing activities and conversations in person. Then here we are in this blog world. As far as I know, no one who knows me offline reads this blog, yet I talk (and vent) about the life we share regularly. They could know me so much more if they wanted to, but people just seem to want to stay on the surface these days. That is so sad. I can enjoy Facebook because I love to correspond, but I resist going there a lot because it is a sound byte reality with soap opera drama and snarky humor and not the meaningful sharing I want to share. It is too easy to get lost there in the distraction of the words. I don't even remember real life when I am there too long.

What did you do today?

No comments: