Thursday, December 26, 2019

And So It Was Xmas

Eight hours of hugs and snuggles was a kindness. A gift I gave myself as I pet sat for Jackson and Brandi. A dog and two cats and lots of hugs and snuggles. I found excuses to stay until they got home even though they said I could leave (was it you can leave as in you should leave cuz we really don't want the awkwardness of you being there when we get home or you can leave as in you've given enough and we appreciate it but we know you have to work tomorrow so you can leave even though we want to see you even if for just a moment on xmas?... I may never know and my brain hurts thinking about it... or is that my heart... sigh) so I got a human hug too. Well, a half hug. Two, actually, so it was kinda sorta a full hug. Jackson gives half hugs, Brandi doesn't hug, but I take what I can get. Even when it's awkward. It's my way of pretending I have family. They told me I didn't have to stay, in fact, I think they were telling me to not be there when they got back, or maybe the awkward comes from something else, like not exchanging gifts, or my pretending they are family. Hey, we all want family sometimes, right?

Am I revealing too much?

Merry Happy.

Narf :)

No comments: