Saturday, December 21, 2019

Good Morning World

Waking as the doorbell rings (the trouble with a bed four feet from the front door, even when I sleep in the recliner ten feet from the front door, but directly under the doorbell), still buzzing from the food high, sore butt from sitting too long and the usual skin irritations, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate mousse, and heavy whipped cream just to my left, pistachios to my right, and looking at a cat who's looking at me, looking for food and attention, good morning world.

This blog would likely be so different if I had a partner. There'd likely be so much more the say about so many other things. As it is, the report on the mundane details of a solitary life continues to dominate the rambles. Is there any wonder why nobody leaves a comment, I mean, rarely. Nobody wants to try to be a close friend online or off, but occasional close friends (a unique category, no doubt) are still more fun than none. So last night was fun, a couple of hugs (hugs are rare in this life in my world... I've gotten too used to living without them, so even at parties I forget to offer), a bit of conversation, an amusing local show, a bi of catching up with an old friend, and a long drive (more than two hours), topped off by some yummy food (detailed elsewhere).

This morning, I woke and started reading a long email from a newish pen pal (I'll have to check if I named him or her yet), during which I nodded off (hey no offense and no reflection on the writer, in fact, the rambling is so wonderfully familiar, I'd love to look into this stranger's eyes... it was really early, I was still high on food, exhausted from the week/month of work project, and reading is the best way to find sleep for me). Did I mention the doorbell woke me? Still groggy and food high, maybe I'll nap soon lol.

So good morning already, and how are you? :)

Narf too :)

No comments: