Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pushing Limits

Helping Curly with yard work, lawns, and maintenance to the thirty or so properties he manages is no easy task and the physical labor is seriously testing the aging body, but it is, as much as I might grump, exactly what the doctor ordered (metaphor, I am not seeing any doctors these days) as the body needs the physical workouts. Today we did lawns and took down a tree. Moving that tree (in cut pieces) about forty feet from the house to the curb was my job. The upper body and arms were numb by the time we were done. I barely remember the rest of the day.

There was no softball game that evening and I think I crashed early, woke up after midnight, and distracted myself with Facebook some more. Sooner or later the layers of deception and dalliance helping me avoid whatever I am avoiding will likely be peeled away and we will get to the stuff underneath but for now, the dirt is mostly under the grass we are mowing. You are having fun, right? :)

No comments: