Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Rising Up

Finally, the clouds may be clearing, the fog may be lifting, and the light is shining from within enough to clarify my view. It is sad to accept the changes that are real, disappointing too, but the perspective is returning. Ironically, Jackson gave me a book called Positivity for my birthday tonight. If she only knew me. And yeah, my birthday was weeks ago. That is life. She's busy. We move on.

I caught up on the babbling I love to do today in the two daily blogs and that felt very good (even better than the outcome for the week was so positive). Tonight, softball was great. I was pitching well against a great hitting team (they were the champs last season) and I hit well. They pinch ran for me every time because they think I am slower than I am and they figure resting the pitcher makes sense. They don't realize that running bases gets my adrenaline flowing and I usually pitche better when I am hitting well and running bases. I didn't mind tonight because the right achilles and heel was very sore. Maybe a touch of planar fascitis brought on by the bad right shoe. It didn't matter, I sprinted to first and surprised them with my speed three times and was safe all three times. We won 10-7.

I saw Jackson for a few minutes after watching her game. She showed me her new car. Subaru Crosstrek with everything, the model she's been wanting for years. I am glad she is doing so well. A hug, a few words. Then home to eat a sandwich and can of pasta. Harry Chapin has been on since I got home and that is always a great sign for me.

Hope your life is rising up too. :)

No comments: