Friday, December 1, 2017

December

It was always a different month, December, even before it was named December, it was a different time of year, even before there were years... oh, how the philosophers giggle and sing. It was a day like many other days, mostly desk work because there is so much paper to process and data to enter when monitoring people and processes for safety. So many spreadsheets to crunch and reports to review and summarize in other brief reports because the higher you get in an organization, the less you want to read, the less time you actually want to put into any task on the premise that you have so many more tasks to review and monitor and make decisions about... the higher you go, the less you do.

Still, there is a purpose for leaders and for leadership (besides sophomoric incendiary tweeting, decision making is a solitary task at times. Having experienced the top administrative level as well as the grunt work that actually gets jobs done, I am happy settled in the middle now. Financially crunched more than ever before, but if I can save $10,000 a year, I might not end up on the streets in the end (still say I will, but then, that depends on who I spend the end with, if anyone... alone, the streets are the most economical way to live and barring some unplanned influx of wealth, I have lived this life as a refugee and shall rest easy knowing I gae it all away, or at least as much as I could).

In case it matters.

The evening included a run to a bank to pay rent and the usual bodily functions and daily living tasks which of course includes eating. Unfortunately, I pushed well over a thousand calories into me last night, including simple carbs and meat fats, so the renewed health diet crashed somewhat on the fifth day and tomorrow dinner plans will make it challenging to continue, however I am sensing a desire to feel closer to physically optimal again (as optimal as it gets in this aging and ill body), so there is hope.

There is always hope.

Narf :)

No comments: