Sunday, May 21, 2017

Last Hit of The Season

Sometimes I feel like the universe wants me to die happy, albeit superficially. So I did not have the heart to beat the team I wanted to go to the World Series with this season which left their fate in their own hands and they did what they needed to do, they beat the second place team to move into second place and earn a berth in the World Series. I felt bad for the former second place team as I like them too, but I really did not want to go to the world series with the first place team and it got down to the wire. We lost 12-10 and I could have driven in the tying runs, but I did not feel it at the plate so I just got a single. Had to beat out a good throw too.

But that universe, ya see. --- asked me to pitch for his team as they were short players. So I started the game but then their players showed up and I just helped coach and then their shortstop broke a finger so I went back in the game giving me a chance to finish the season with a good hit. I went for it and burned the right fielder. As I rounded second I could see it might be close at third so I sped up and made it standing up just before the ball and the third baseman dropped the ball, it hit my foot and I saw a chance so I headed home and made it. The universe (and a good friend) gave me the opportunity for my last hit of the season to be a home run.

I almost died.

Narf. :}

No comments: