Thursday, May 31, 2018

Be Prepared

This morning we carried out the County-wide Hurricane exercise and most everything went smoothly. Many still need to learn or practice on the new communications system, but a usual they will learn during the actual emergency. People are always too busy to prepared properly for emergencies. I did my part, which is practically nothing since they don't respect or give any real responsibility to my role, even though it is a command officer position in the national incident command system structure. Few people think of safety in an emergency (or more importantly, before), which is why more people get hurt or die than necessary. The sad thing is that the emergency planners don't value safety enough. It may be due to some personal friction between my boss and the boss of EM, but anyway, I survive and do as much as I can.

Are we enjoying our Friday?

Narf :)

No comments: