Sunday, May 27, 2018

People Are So Easily Manipulated.

The good news is because Tinman and I arrived about 4:00 PM, the only food was dried our grilled mean sitting exposed next to the grill for who knows how many hours and assorted cheese and pasta and whatever else people brought sitting uncovered on the kitchen counters. Luckily, my rational ind overrode the hunger monster and Tinman and I did not eat anything there. The bad news is we went out for a full rack of ribs (each) and assorted sides. I did have a salad and broccoli, so the four cheese mac n cheese n bacon was, well, I won't order it again because it sucked. Actually, Applebee's service sucked in every way except for the ribs, which were tasty. But then, we were very hungry.

Meanwhile Harpo got to be the center of attention the rest of the evening as his rant was to everyone sitting at the table playing cards. Awkward. Sarducci said "you don't want to read it" to me which naturally had everyone looking at their phones for the next five minutes and I asked if they wanted me to leave. A flurry of denials and shuffling of cards, but I pointed out that they were doing exactly what Harpo wanted, being manipulated into making him the center of attention and making me the villain for pointing out that is what he does to them all the time. I listened to a few hours of apologies and excuses for Harpo, even as they admitted they were hurt by his behavior early and didn't even realize they ignore how he does it all the time. Sad for him, for them, and me.

But the ribs were very good.

Narf :)

No comments: