Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gurgle Gurgle

The belly and digestive tract are gurgling to each other because I've consumed an all liquid diet for the past two days and just had 11 ounces of protein drink (30g protein) and 20 ounces of water for dinner. Today started at 5:30 AM and I was still at my desk at 5:30 PM and tomorrow tarts at 5:30 AM, so I am hoping sleep comes before hunger tonight like it did last night. I did feel a kidney stone moving on my right side last night. I've been expecting that as I drop weight and reduce the amount of water retained by the body. I am not reducing fluid intake, but when losing 50 pounds a lot of that is water and less water means more chance of kidney stones and kidney stone movement. This is one of the main reasons the weight loss has stalled and then reversed as it went under 190 and this time I am determined to reach 180 and beyond. Must increase exercise to get there healthier though.

Meanwhile, a lot was accomplished at work today as I pushed a couple of division managers to take more action on the diesel vapors rising up from the broken machine in the building. Workers showed up to do some of what I asked for and more is planned for tomorrow. An email from my boss to their bosses helped, but that showed them they should take my phone calls seriously as the discussions I've had with them are finally coming from their bosses. They'd have looked better if they got it done sooner. It's been a week, at least, and the east side of the building still stinks of diesel.

On a more pleasantly random note, I like the


top five entries chosen by readers this week and month. Keep up the good work.

Gurgle and Narf :)

No comments: