Friday, August 24, 2018

Long Work Week

And as if a reward was deserved or necessary, after taking care of the people in the building I headed to a 6 hours meeting with the key leaders of environmental services with some key people from other departments. The HR Director was there and we stepped out a few times to talk about the building issues and the people there. Many were allowed to stay home or go home, but some stayed and worked and answered phones of their own accord. I had all the calls from my department forwarded to my cell phone as my department was out for the day with the boss on vacation in Europe, one girl staying home, and the other spending time doing other things elsewhere most of the day. The fed us, bbq pork, chicken, beans, and cole slaw. I has some. The meeting went well and this week ended with me feeling more respected than ever in this job. All it took was the boss being in Europe all week, a serious safety issue I took charge of, and today's meeting interacting with leaders I have not interacted with a whole lot. Then, back to the office and more positive interaction with the people in the building. Hopefully the improved communication with the assistant who has been so oppositional and unwelcoming will continue, that will mean a lot.

Did I mention reward? Jackson met me at Chianti's for dinner. Eggplant parmesan with linguine. OMG, cheese, pasta, tomato sauce, amazing. The chocolate craving followed as it often does. I passed chocolate walking through two stores and seriously delicious smelling milk chocolate icing on the kitchen counter... living with a very fat man is not good for a food addict. Still, will power willed out tonight. I finished watching Lost. Tears. Still held out.

A long week. A good week.

Narf :)

No comments: