Saturday, February 2, 2019

Disappearances

I refer to mine, at least at my end, I experience my disappearances from the contact with this blog world, my personal conversation with myself or others in this life experience or on my head, though mostly myself, and anyone stumbling into this stream of words or anywhere in the flow I call my written gardens. Sometimes weeks pass, though not often. More often, days. Well, days passed, again. Sometimes it may be intentional, though that is questionable and rare. Usually it's not intentional, but other things take the time away from the words. Here, it's the adjustment to the new space, the roommate who wants to interact a lot more than Eb ever did (which is fine and much better than the silence) and on weekends, which is often my primary writing time, the kids. All excuses, no doubt, for my own laziness. procrastination, and external focus. I know better than to let my locus of control get outside of my head, after all. I must choose to write more. Not the TV or games or anything else.

Of course fighting the triple whammy bugs the kids have had for two weeks isn't helping. So far my immune system is holding up ok, but it's not easy. Strep, bronchitis, and flu are all around me at work and home so I must wash my hands a lot more than usual and touch as little as possible in the communal spaces. Cut down on the disappearances too. Please?

Narf. :}

No comments: