Monday, February 4, 2019

Watching TV and Eating (After Softball)

Sure enough, I did not go to sleep when I got home. Sometimes that happens when I don't play well or when we lose. So I ate and looked for a TV distraction and found Prodigy. Believing in the possibilities of human evolution is one of my favorite genres. Rarely is it done well as people overlook the obvious inconsistencies and discrepancies and there were big ones in this movie, but the simplistic happy ending was somehow satisfying. All the cliches, the scared military man who just wants to kill the evolved being and will provoke a reason to justify killing at all costs. The bleeding heart psychologist who will risk death to earn trust and reawaken love in the traumatized child. All the doctors and technicians and soldiers in between who make the 180 turn from the military man to the psychologist, from hate and fear to love and trust. Who sees what I see? Who would do it?

Then, 100 Years. America. Reality. The news media ignores. Denial kills.

How can anyone sleep?


No comments: