Wednesday, June 6, 2018

And Once Again, The Short End

I was all set to play on the league organizer's team which was balanced like teams are supposed to be in this summer league, but when I get there I am informed that a team dropped out suddenly yesterday and the organizer had to throw together a team in two hours. The results, alas, are as expected. The only good thing is the other organizer's team has two pitchers and I probably would not have pitched all the time. The new team has me and I was moved to it because I can pitch well the other two didn't want to (I wasn't asked). The other three teams were told to "take it easy" so no one gets hurt. What that means is we will lose every game, but it will take longer than it should because the other teams are choosing to let the game go on longer than it should by not playing as well as they can. 8-7 in the first game, bottom of the 7th inning. Almost cruel, but at least we played 7 innings. Unfortunately, they placed me last in the 12 player batting order so I batted just twice in seven innings. Second game, the team was dangerous. Our third baseman asked to be switched out because they hit the ball so hard. They stalled and run ruled us in 5 innings, it could have bee over in the first inning and either way, no fun. But...

Softball.

Narf :)

No comments: