Thursday, June 28, 2018

Recap, Repeat, Regurgitate, Rejection

For several weeks I've been doing little more than complaining and whining and feeling very sorry for myself. Let's see what I can do about changing that in my head as I recap the last and next few days. I've been reducing food volume and calories about every other day for a week or two with increasing discipline and that may be helping. The digestive system has less bubbling, gas, and bloat when I do this. I was 207 at the doctor's office this week, which is down from the 220+ I reached a few weeks ago. I wonder sometimes how accurate all the different scales are. The most recent lab work was not good, so I have just three weeks to get it better or the primary will be pushing pills on me and I won't accept and we shall see how she reacts to that. I will try to get an appointment with her Monday morning about the leg that is still not healing. The GI doctor's assistant got back to me Friday afternoon and apologized for not calling me back on Thursday and told me they sent the orders to the lab. Unfortunately, that means the tests will wait until Tuesday as I will first pick up the stuff Monday, which mean I may not get results back until next week so I'll likely be going to Nashville and play softball all day in the heat with the C.Diff. Possibly no bathrooms, which will definitely be not good, but then, I could have called a day or few earlier too. At least she admitted she forgot to call me back and apologized. Doesn't make the timing any better. I've got to do something to get out of here and into a cleaner environment where I can take care of myself better than I can do here.

So how are you?

No comments: