Saturday, February 22, 2020

022220202020

I'm not here now, off playing games with friends, but I left this here to remind us and to let you all know that there used to be a birthday I would celebrate every year on this date, and I still do, though I don't know how to tell you. What happens to the love of a lifetime when the love is no longer shared. It would hurt me to believe that you ever thought that I never cared. Because I still do. I just could not give you what you wanted and you can say the same to me, when we are honest with each other... but I wish we kept in touch.

I miss the attention you gave me
I miss how you wanted to be near me
You didn't seem to understand
why I kept a pen in my hand
how much words mean
and why I write
it's now I make sense of this life

I needed someone who would read
and tell me what could be seen
in all the words

I needed someone who would need
to hear me sing, encourage me
someone who heard

It was not enough to just want to be near me
when the words and the songs didn't move you
I still miss how you wanted to be near me
I just needed someone who would be with me

You didn't seem to understand
I know you tried
I hope you know that when I left
I cried

And I still miss how much you wanted to be near me
And I wish we could still share what we could share
What I gave wasn't enough for you
What you gave wasn't enough for me
But what we shared was still so beautiful...
I still care and wish we could share
honesty


It never really ends... the love... it just goes on and on...

Hugs... and Happy Birthday...

and Narf :)

No comments: