Saturday, February 29, 2020

Strange Mix

Being me, from my perspective, can be quite the alienating experience. It's everyone else who's different, not me, right? lol lam, sigh. Anyway, substituting food is my self-destructive reaction to the self-destruction actions I see and feel all around me. Temporarily. Cuz it's not usually as out of control as it is in recent times, like this past year or so, more or less. Flashback to comments from more than a decade ago and I wonder, am I still there? But then, the madness pours out in all sorts of ways, and not ways, for that matters. Speaking of flashbacks, today was almost one. Whatever it means.

Long day into whatever, I slept until 2:30, at least, though waking every few hours to empty the bladder. A lazy afternoon, one wash done, then a shower and headed out for a birthday dinner. Stopped for fifteen minutes due to a traffic accident ahead, I called to confirm the location when it would not come up on the map app. I was told the place closed and the dinner was relocated about 40 minutes away. They posted the change on Facebook a little while ago. So I said happy birthday and headed elsewhere, since I wasn't going to show up 40 minutes late for dinner and either not eat or eat by myself, only to drive another 50 minutes back home.

I headed to best buy to finally exchange the tv antenna I bought for the superbowl and picked up a Roku instead. Nice manager let me exchange the antenna in spite of it being 30 days past the exchange period. Picked up Itlalian on the way home and manged good. Then, hooked up the Roku and I have all the apps working again, and then some. The Roku is instantly more user friendly than the Fire Stick ever was. More versatile wit a whole lot more apps too.

hen, the babbling continued as the first paragraph may have suggested (oh, is that what that was? lol). Yes, I was writing most of the day since waking mid-afternoon and while I would only give the babbler a D for creativity and a C- cleverness, generously, at that, it was good to babble and maybe I'll spruce it up tomorrow or some day when the muses are awake. For now, sleep is needed as softball just just six hours away (cuz it's well after midnight by now).

I miss the muses. You too.

Narf :)

No comments: