Saturday, February 22, 2020

022220202222

Whatever it means, it means what it means, and if it means something to you, then i means something to you and if you share what it means to you with me it can mean something to me to, so what do you want to do? Life is what I live and give with love so here is the recap of my day, because that is what I come here for... mostly.

The new elliptical finally arrived. I have not tested it yet, but I am going to trust the TRUE company and hope the Gymsource company did the right thing by putting together a new machine without any shortcuts, in spite of their obvious reluctance to do so. I shall do my best to put the unpleasantness behind me when I wake up, but for now, I am too tired to make any assessments. Fatigue is not a good place for seriousness.

TA talked me into Mellow Mushroom (he is worse than I am with his dietary tastes and I really must be a better influence on him for both our sakes). I ordered a ridiculous amount of food and was surely disappointed, enough so to point out how light my $30 calzone was to the manager who game me a $10 coupon for my next visit. So I ate most of the calzone, a couple of bites of the sub, and a few bites of the burger. I think I already vented about the details, so look behind if you want to know, then look ahead and let it go.

Waiting for the elliptical did not go well with the nap I wanted, but at least I am home early enough to get some decent sleep time if I get to sleep soon. No party tonight, alas, in spite of all the food here. I'll be good. There is one bathroom/toilet at the fields for hundreds of players, so the last thing I want to do is need to go at the fields and I may be there all day as the first game is at 9 and I don't play until 1:30, then again at 2:30. We're a three team group now and supporting each other would be nice, but being at the fields for 8 or 9 hours is tough when there is just one toilet, no shade, and no water.

Be positive.

We played three games tonight and I won all three. Surprising, since I am brain-foggy and was not really paying attention. There was a lot of hysterical laughter about penises and I smiled, but there was nothing much funny about it - people are so embarrassed by anything sexual, it's not funny to me. As much as I like tangential thinking, I like to play games and not wander off on distractions while the game is being played. I was patient and smiled a lot, and that's probably why I did well, though as usual, I'd have liked more competition. It may sound egocentric, but it is what it is. When I want to, I win a lot wherever I go, whatever I do.

It was good to see old friends I don't see much anymore since I moved into this comfortable home. I miss the caring, the sharing, the fun. Not enough to go out as much as I used to though. There is so little time after work and softball. Work consumes 55-60 hours a week, easy. Softball consumes 10-20 hours most weeks and some weeks, a tournament can take a whole weekend. If I want to give 60 hours to sleep, and I do, that leaves about 25-30 hours, 3-4 hours a day for travel time, eating, bathing, cleaning, laundry, shopping, bill paying writing, communicating with friends and others, and all the other things life needs (doctor visits, car care, and so on)... so other fun?... there's just so little time.

Still, it's good to have friends and share fun now and then.

Especially without family.

So how about you?

Enjoy life!

Narf :)

No comments: