Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Lots of Suckage

Certainly what we have here is a failure of humanity, but instead of putting this in the meaningless complaint blog where it belongs, here we are. ATT Sucks. The most. They made it so challenging to get the phone I wanted that I decided to kick them to the curb at the next opportunity, which unfortunately won't be until next winter, but still, I cut the phone cord and spent more to get an unlocked phone. Fifteen dollars more a month, but for a shorter time, after jumping through a dozen hoops ATT created to keep customers from buying phones anywhere but through them. I forgot all the middle suckage. Apple Sucks. At least the Apple Store at the Mall of Millenium in Orlando Florida sucks. The sales person rushed and lost hundreds of texts that were vital to my reconnecting with the people who reached out to me in the past two weeks. It was do it his way, fast as possible, without paying any attention to my questions, concerns, and what I wanted. They did specifically what I told them I did not want them to do, deleted my messages without letting me see them even when I asked five times to not delete them until I could look through them, connected my phone to the cloud without any regard for any security instructions I game them, and then left me to figure out how to fix what they did by calling tech support when there were a couple of dozen geniuses all around. I asked how to turn off all the attempts to get me to sign up for stuff that kept popping up on the phone, some of which required payment and without knowing how to turn off their auto-pay Apple Pay app, I'd be refusing to pay for things I didn't even realize I authorized util after I clicked "Continue" just to get access to my phone. No help. So I had to call Apple Support to resolve other set up issues because they were too busy and made it clear I was in their way at the table where they asked me to sit. Amazingly entitled techy snobs with no costumer service skills. Then, within two hours of paying for the phone, I received 10 emails from Apple, most trying to sell me something. A lot worse than Microsoft, which was shocking. Capitalism sucks.

But I have a new phone, the one I wanted. Yay phone.

Narf :)

No comments: